Join MN Here club to get the best strains of weed directly delivered to your house in Colorado! We offer air shipping to other approved areas.
With CBD growing in popularity, many pet owners entertain the idea of using it on their dogs and help them feel better overall. The great thing about using CBD is that it doesn’t have the same mind-altering traits that THC has, so you can use it safely while helping your canine friend feel genuine relief.
What Does Science Tell Us?
In total, there are 80 different cannabinoid substances that can be derived from the cannabis plant, and CBD is one of them – in fact, it’s one of the most important ones. These compounds are used by the body to regulate the endocannabinoid receptors that are responsible for how various stimuli might be perceived by the body. So whenever you perceive pain or pleasure, or your body’s immune system acts to trigger or reduce inflammation in various areas, you can be sure that cannabinoids are involved in that.
Now, as of yet, there are very few studies that could even hint as to what the effect of CBD might be on pets – especially in the long run. Although this is true, anecdotal evidence exists galore, pointing to the remarkable efficiency of CBD for cats and dogs with arthritic pain feel better, treating inflammation the same way as you’d treat it in humans, and even alleviate some of the pain and symptoms attributed to various forms of cancer.
Recognizing the Difference Between THC and CBD
While THC might be the active compound that causes an altered state of mind and a state of high when you smoke marijuana, CBD is one that strictly targets receptors that have more to do with regulating the body’s health and vitality. If you’re feeling devoid of energy, in pain or you’re experiencing inflammation, then taking CBD can assist you without getting you high.
The same result – or at least similar ones – can be seen when it comes to dogs. Most dogs that are given CBD for pain will quickly show signs of improvement, and everything from mild anxiety to severe arthritic pain and seizures, have been found to diminish when you give a dog a good quality CBD product in the right dosage.
Even though the research that has to do with using CBD to help dogs is not quite up to par with the rest of what the scientific community has to offer on THC and CBD, many experts agree that the health benefits of CBD for cats and dogs cannot be overemphasized.
Pain Relief, Arthritis and CBD
Veterinarians who have seen the impact that the use of CBD has on most dogs claim that the best advantages are gained when utilizing the compound to fend off arthritis and pain. For arthritic dogs, the old days of running after frisbee and jumping up on the couch seem to be long gone. However, CBD can often turn your pooch’s life around before you know it.
The term “stoned” refers to being under the influence of light drugs, especially marijuana and to the altered state of mind achieved as the result of consuming such psychoactive substances. Marijuana consumption is usually associated with stress relief and a carefree, light-hearted and cheerful attitude, with heightened creativity as well as with more intense sensory experiences – small wonder so many great music hits have been composed under the influence of pot.
Many great musicians, both today, when the environment is more permissive and marijuana has been legalized in many places and can be found at legal Pueblo pot shops, as well as around the world, and in the past, when they even risked imprisonment, were and are open about their habit to use marijuana not only as an aid in relaxation, but also as a tool that helps them make the most of their creativity and marijuana usage has been and is associated with the subcultures related to numerous music styles and movements – here are some examples.
The special, eclectic tunes of rhythm and blues combined with ska and calypso that we know today as reggae music are very closely linked to marijuana consumption, especially when it comes to the songs created by Bob Marley. While many of Marley’s songs deal with topics related to social and political issues, he also had numerous songs that pay tribute to “kaya”, the word used in Jamaican slang for “herb” and “weed”, also synonyms of marijuana.
Rock and Roll
Much of the best of rock music has been created by composers who were passionate fans of the sticky green leaves and buds. The Beatles wrote several songs about their experiences related to marijuana, such as “Got to Get You into My Life”, written by Paul McCartney not to a lady, but to weed, after he tried the substance for the first time.
Other superstars and superbands of the genre, such as Neil Young, Black Sabbath, The Doors are also known to have been regular weed users and they also wrote many songs about the experience.
Hip Hop and Rap
Many songs that took the two musical styles to world fame were written under the influence of marijuana, what’s more, Cypress Hill, one of the most prominent hip hop groups has also launched the 4/20 music festival, the name being inspired from numbers that are so important for the weed smoking subculture. Numerous other hip hop and rap musicians share this passion for weed – Snoop Dog, for example, used smoking weed as an important theme in many of his songs and “Because I Got High”, the song that brought world fame to Afroman is also known to be among the best weed songs ever.
Soul and Mix Styles
When it comes to the relationship between soul music and marijuana culture, the name of Amy Winehouse comes to mind. Several of the late singer-composer’s songs deal with the topic and theme of addiction and she was also open about her marijuana habit, as she was about her addictive personality that not only made her try various substances, but also gave her the creativity to compose her exceptional songs.
How expensive is marijuana anyway? Since laws have changed and recreational marijuana has been legalized in more than half a dozen of the most important states in the US, the government has been working on putting together statistics to find out just how much cannabis could go for in all areas of the country, and how much tax revenue they could get from it.
Whether you’re with the IRS, or you just want to grow or have your own marijuana plants in the privacy of your own home, the price of weed and marijuana packaging labels Colorado associated expenses, can play a major role when it comes to influencing your decisions.
Evaluating Weed Prices Throughout the USA
How expensive is marijuana in the US? This is a question that has been on the minds of marijuana users for a long time. Although the price itself can vary, and it tends to fluctuate in some areas, accurate statistics have been made available to map the general prices you’ll run into, depending on which state you live in or visit.
The marijuana pricing map typically favors those living in the center of the country and on the west coast. Here, prices can go from as high as $10 per gram in Dallas and Houston, down to about $7.80 in Denver and even as low as $7.58 per gram in Seattle – which is the lowest price you’ll find in the entire country.
In contrast, the eastern part of the United States has it rough. Here, probably because of the fact that far more people use weed on a regular basis, the prices are much greater. So you have anything from $10 to $11.50 in the area of Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Chicago, to an exaggerated $18 per gram in the country’s capital.
Even though Washington DC prices are so high, people still use marijuana regularly on the east coast. In fact, New York is known as the state where you’ll find the most people who use weed.
Should You Just Go to Canada?
Living in the USA hasn’t always been considered an advantage for marijuana users and growers. Even though weed is more available now, the prices in some areas can be quite steep – especially if you live on the East Coast. So some people just point out that Canada might be a better option.
Now, Canada has big plans for weed users during the next few years. Here, Toronto is probably the best place to be, if you want to use cannabis. In Toronto, the price of weed is at about C$9.64 ($7.82), which is one of the lowest prices that you can compare with the typical lowest cost in the United States.
This means that Canada could possibly earn an estimated C$152 million per year from cannabis tax revenue paid solely in Toronto, as a result of the growing use of marijuana in the region.
As you can see, the question “how expensive is marijuana in the US” is certainly not an easy one to answer, and figuring out the less straightforward aspects of the matter – such as how to set your own prices, if you plan to grow cannabis – can be even trickier in some areas.
The number of the US states that legalize using marijuana for medical purposes is growing, so the questions obviously arise: how is medical marijuana used and what are the effects that users can expect? Here are a few details that you should know about.
Affections and Symptoms that Medical Marijuana Can Help With
Marijuana has two key ingredients, Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), both being able to influence numerous physical conditions in a positive way – here are some of them:
- Glaucoma – this eye disease is caused by an increased pressure inside the eyeball. Marijuana can efficiently lower this pressure, freeing the optic nerve and slowing down or even completely halting the progression of the disease.
- Epileptic seizures – THC has proved to be efficient in controlling epileptic seizures by inducing relaxation and restoring the impaired binding among the brain cells affected by the illness.
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and weight loss – many chemotherapy patients treated with medical marijuana reported reduced or even completely eliminated stomach problems, including nausea and vomiting. By relieving nausea, marijuana is able to improve appetite, thus allowing chemotherapy patients to follow a healthy and balanced diet and to recover faster.
- Chronic pain – marijuana has been efficiently used in the treatment of chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.
- Muscle spasms related to sclerosis multiplex and shaking related to Parkinson’s disease – medical marijuana also works as an efficient muscle relaxant, therefore it can be used for easing the muscle spasms caused by SM. It is also known to improve fine motor skills, an effect beneficial for Parkinson’s patients.
- Anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress disorder – the relaxation-inducing features of medical marijuana are beneficial for sufferers of depression and PTSD.
- Headaches, migraines and insomnia – the calming effects of THC are beneficial for these issues as well.
- Obstructive respiratory diseases, especially asthma – marijuana also has superior anti-inflammatory properties that are very beneficial for asthma sufferers, a condition caused by the chronic inflammation of the airways.
- Skin problems – marijuana oil has been efficiently used in the treatment of various skin lesions.
How Is Medical Marijuana Administered?
Medical marijuana can be used in different forms:
- Inhalation – smoked in cigarettes, pipes, water pipes or vapor inhalation devices, inhaled cannabis gets into the lungs first and is absorbed by the body’s cells from there. Inhalation is the most common way of using medical marihuana and the recommended method for asthma sufferers.
- Oral administration – a method that is more comfortable and easier than rolling a joint or vaping. However, those who prefer oral administration must know that both THC and CBD are absorbed at a slower pace via the digestive tract and the effects are also much weaker than in the case of inhalation.
- Topical treatment – marijuana oil can be applied directly on or around the skin lesion to be treated.
Medical marijuana can be used for treating or ameliorating a wide range of physical conditions and illnesses, but it is strongly recommended to consult your medical care giver before starting to use medical cannabis. Doctors can make sure you don’t suffer from any health issues that would prevent you from using medical marijuana, such as heart problems or cardiovascular diseases, and they can also provide you more detailed information about how is medical marijuana used. If you live in Pueblo, you can find both medical and recreational Pueblo marijuana at various locations.
Cannabis Sativa is the hemp plant that provides us with marijuana, better known as weed to us. It is the most popular illegal drug in the world. It has been used for both, recreational and medical purposes, for centuries. But, the effects of it are mixed and puts it in a grey area. The hypothesis that marijuana possesses innumerable medical qualities that can provide us cure for many incurable diseases has been propounded over, time and again. Extensive research needs to be done in this area to arrive at a conclusion. Let us take a look at the effect that marijuana has over the Brain and the body.
It Gets the Neurons Firing.
Marijuana has at least 60 types of cannabinoids. Its effect on our brain is to keep our neurons firing, magnifying our thoughts and perception and keeping us fixed on them. This is the reason why when you smoke up you tend to focus on one thought until you are distracted by another one. Cannabinoids also affect the levels of dopamine in our brain, often resulting in a sense of relaxation and euphoria, providing with the feeling of high.
It Affects the Memory.
In some cases, a heavy smoker would develop issues with short term memory, that is, amnesia. It involves certain other factors as well, including the amount and how often a person smokes-up. The research so far shows that even though marijuana usage has no effect on the cognitive abilities of the body, it tampers with the short term memory of the smoker.
It Changes Ones’ Mood.
Smoking marijuana changes ones’ mood. It causes relaxation. Some users experience heightened sensory perception, with colors appearing more vivid and noises being louder. For some, marijuana can cause an altered perception of time and increased appetite, known as the “munchies.”
It Might Not Always be a Pleasurable Experience.
Smoking weed can go horribly wrong at times. Smoking up is dangerous for people suffering from anxiety as they might start feeling paranoid. Feelings of panic and fear might haunt them for hours. Hallucinations are another risk factor. The psychoactive elements of the drug lead the mind to hallucinate and see things that are not there in reality. The person might find it incredibly difficult to concentrate. It also impairs bodily co-ordination for a while.
It Affects the Brain Lesser than Other Drugs.
Marijuana is categorized as Schedule 1 Drug. It is highly addictive. However, they affect the brain lesser than other drugs such as cocaine and ecstasy.
Smoking-up might be a taboo but, it is not totally bad for ones’ health. Smoking weed in limited quantity and occasionally, provides with relaxation and the good sort of high. However, one should not make a habit out of it since the long term effects of it are still unknown.
Marijuana is also referred to as weed, pot, grass, bud, ganja and even “stuff” in the streets. Marijuana is rolled up as joints and smoked up to get high or ‘stoned’. It is because of the psychoactive drug that Marijuana contains, namely tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This drug is released from the buds when it is exposed to heat. It has been the longest and one of the most heated discussions whether smoking Marijuana should be legalized or not. Although, it is illegal in most countries around the globe, there are some places where the smoking and possession of marijuana is legal, if done within limits. Some places where marijuana is legal are:
• The US: In various states of the US, smoking weed for medical use is legal. Among these are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania. Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, DC and West Virginia.
• Uruguay: Outside the US, Uruguay is the first country to fully legalize Marijuana.
• Netherlands: It is not a pronounced law but, Netherlands tolerates its citizens to grow and keep marijuana.
• North Korea: Either the law goes unheeded here or there exists no such law but, North Korea allows its citizens to smoke up weed.
• Belgium: Belgium allows its citizens to grow marijuana and keep it. However, they do have a system in place where the possession is limited to a certain limit.
• Cambodia: The Khmers not only allow its people to smoke up but they also use weed in various of their cuisines.
• Canada: Canada is widely known for the policy of tolerance that it has. Smoking up a joint is not seen as a criminal offence here.
• Colorado: Possession of pot is not a crime in Colorado. However, the limit is up to one ounce.
• Columbia: Columbia also follows the same law as Belgium and Colorado. It is not illegal to have weed in possession; however, it should be under 22 grams.
• Costa Rica: A de facto decriminalization policy of possession has been upheld throughout the country, and there’s no minimum or maximum amount assigned as of yet.
Constant research has been going on in this field to determine the effects of marijuana on the brain. While many researchers say that smoking marijuana is ultimately bad for the brain as it damages certain cells and makes the brain prone to suffer from conditions like short term memory loss, amnesia etc. It cannot be refuted that marijuana has certain other benefits. If done within limits, marijuana can actually be used like a medicine.